This versatile and flavorful salad is unique and refreshing. You can easily substitute ingredients based on your taste and the seasonal availability of fresh produce.
Ashley’s Spring Salad
- 1 bunch of fresh radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- Good handful of cilantro, chopped (about a ¼ cup)
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced (if you don’t have jalapeno, add a pinch of cayenne to the dressing!)
- 1 can of beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini, garbanzo, or black beans)
- Juice 1 fresh lime
- 2 tbsp. good olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste (about ½ tsp)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Blend all dressing ingredients.
- Mix all other ingredients together and add the dressing.