Did you know that our eggs are all locally raised? And right now our large white eggs are on special, just $4 for two dozen! Looking for ways to stay green while dyeing your Easter Eggs? Here are some cool tips on how to dye eggs naturally:
• Blue – cut red cabbage into chunks, add 4 cups boiling water & 2 Tbsp. white vinegar. Cool to room temp and remove cabbage.
• Green – Save your red onion skin! Simmer skins (from about 5-6 red onions) in 2 cups water for about 15 minutes. Remove skins and add 3 tsp. white vinegar.
• Orange – Save your yellow onion skin too! Simmer skins (from about 6-7 yellow onions) in 2 cups water for about 15 minutes. Remove skins and add 3 tsp. white vinegar.
• Light reddish – Add 3 tbsp. paprika to 2 cups boiling water. Once mixed, add 3 tsp. white vinegar.
• Yellow – Boil peels of 6 oranges in 2 cups water for 20 minutes. Remove peels and add 2 tsp. white vinegar.
• Pink – Boil 1 large beet, cut into chunks, in about 2 cups water for 20 minutes. Stir in 2 Tbsp. white vinegar and let cool to room temperature. Once cool, remove beets.
• Light purple – Mix 1 ½ cups grape juice with 1 tbsp white vinegar.