I love individual serving desserts for many reasons. When making it for a dinner party, it’s easy to be able to ensure that you have enough servings for everyone. If you are making them just for you and your family, it’s nice to have a serving ready to go already. The fact that this dessert is no-bake makes it perfect for hot summer days. No need to fire up the oven!
Fruit tarts are super versatile, great for an easy summer dessert. They can be made with any in-season fruit like raspberries, blackberries or peaches. In this recipe, I mixed lemon zest into the filling mixture and topped it with fresh raspberries. Plus, if you have young kids like I do, they can have fun helping by crushing the cookies or arranging the fruit in a fun pattern.
Lemon Raspberry No Bake Tarts
- Approximately 16-20 Gingersnaps or Lotus Biscoff cookies
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip (or make 8oz of your own whipped cream!)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Raspberries or other fruit for topping
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature.
- Crush the cookies (I used Lotus Biscoff cookies, but you could also use ginger snaps or honey graham crackers). There’s no need to break out the food processor either, just crush them with a spoon in a bowl, or put them in a zip-lock bag and crush them with an ice cream scoop. Use about 2-3 cookies per dish. If you don’t have a small bowl like this, you can use a juice glass.
- Mix the cream cheese and cool whip or whipped cream together in a stand mixer or food processor. Fold in sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the crushed cookies into a small bowl, top with the cream mixture and then finish by arranging the fruit on it.
- Serve and enjoy!