Pumpkin spice season (aka fall) is one of my favorite times of the year. I love pumpkin baked goods like pumpkin bread or muffins, pumpkin bars, pumpkin spice lattes and of course, pumpkin pie. Here at Wolff’s, we have several pumpkin flavored items including baked goods like Firehouse pumpkin donuts, My House pumpkin scones, and grocery favorites like Nutty Novelties pumpkin spice peanut butter and pumpkin butter.
This recipe for pumpkin cream pie combines everything that is amazing about pumpkin pie and cheesecake into one delicious, easy recipe.
Use fresh, locally grown pumpkins in this pumpkin cream pie recipe. Red kuri or neck heirloom pumpkins work well. Winter squash can be used interchangeably for pumpkin . Or try varieties such as red and blue kabocha, or this new kind of winter squash called butterkin (it’s a cross between butternut squash and a pumpkin.) Learn more about how we source produce at our market!
To make pumpkin purée, first preheat the oven to 350. Cut up the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Peel and dice it into about 2” chunks (you can also wait until it is cooked to remove the peel). Place the pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 35-40 minutes until tender. Purée in a blender once cool or use an immersion blender at any point. Use in recipes calling for pumpkin purée and freeze any leftovers.
Find a graham cracker crust recipe here!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 recipe graham cracker crust
- Brown Sugar Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and arrange a rack in the bottom third of the oven.
- Make a graham cracker crust according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, half and half, brown sugar and spices. Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating completely between each addition.
- Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Wrap tin foil or a crust shield around the crust to prevent burning. Bake until the filling is mostly set – about 50 to 60 minutes. The center will still look slightly loose. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- For Whipped Cream:
- In a chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream with a hand mixer until beginning to thicken. Add the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the cooled pie and serve immediately or refrigerate the pie for 2 hours prior to serving.
Tip: If you plan to bring this pumpkin cream pie to a holiday gathering, I recommend making the whipped cream and the pie and transporting separately. Then, spread the whipped cream on top of the pie just prior to serving.