A comforting, warming, winter soup!Print
Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup
- 1 package Canter Hill Sweet Italian Sausage, thawed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- olive oil
- 1 bunch kale
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Heat some olive oil (1-2 Tbs) over medium-low heat in a large pot. Add the whole coil of sausage and cook, covered, for 5-10 minutes or until browned on one side. Flip and cook the same way on the other side.
- Remove the sausage to a cutting board and let cool a little bit.
- After removing the sausage, add another 1-2 Tbs olive oil to the same pot. Add the onion and cook a few minutes, until softened. Add the carrots and celery and cook about 10 minutes more, raising heat to medium. Let them stick to the bottom a bit and get a little browned.
- While the veggies are cooking, slice the sausage into ½” pieces.
- Add the sausage and garlic to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes, letting the juices bubble.
- Add potatoes, kale, and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about an hour. Potatoes should be cooked to the point of breaking apart, and kale will be very tender.