Jicama is a crunchy, juicy root with a neutral and refreshing flavor when eaten raw. Here, boil and roast jicama slices to make a healthier version of French fries!Print
Seasoned Jicama Fries
- 1 jicama, about 1.5 lbs.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dill
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- Place a baking sheet in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425˚. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Peel the jicama and slice into ½” rounds. Then slice these into ½” spears.
- Add the jicama to the boiling water and boil for about 8 minutes. You want them to be a little more tender than they were but not soft.
- Drain thoroughly and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, toss the jicama with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder. Feel free to add in all or some of the other spices for more or different flavor. Coat thoroughly.
- Arrange the jicama spears on the baking sheet, spreading them out as much as possible.
- Bake at 425˚ for 40 minutes, flipping once halfway through baking time.
- Use your favorite dip for fries and enjoy!