Ooey-gooey, yummy-in-the-tummy! This is a recipe from Andi Wolff, Ashley’s mom. Serve it with your favorite veggie on the side and you’ve got an easy, delicious meal!Print
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup fruit preserves (apricot or plum)
- 1 Tbs sugar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 ½ Tbs cornstarch
- about 1 tsp water
- cooked rice
- Stir-fry the chicken in the sesame oil on high for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. Most of the liquid should cook off. Add the sesame seeds and sauté until lightly toasted.
- Add the garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, fruit preserves, sugar, chicken stock, and hot sauce. Toss until the chicken is well coated.
- Mix the cornstarch and water (use just enough water to wet the cornstarch) and add it to the pan. Cook on medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring often.
- Serve immediately with cooked white or brown rice.