Here’s a quick way to use all of those jalapenos maturing all at once in your garden! If you’re not a big fan of spicy, mini sweet ones like Yummy Peppers or Jingle Bells work here, too.
Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers
- 12 jalapenos (or mini sweet peppers)
- 1 ear sweet corn (or about ¾ cup corn)
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the pith and seeds. If you’re using jalapenos, it’s a good idea to wear gloves for this part!! If you want these to be VERY spicy, go ahead and leave some seeds in. Lay the peppers out cut side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, scrape the corn kernels off the cob. Or you can use canned corn (drained), or frozen corn (thawed.)
- In a bowl, combine the corn, cheeses, sour cream, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, and cumin. Scoop this mixture into the peppers until they are just a little overstuffed. Optional: sprinkle breadcrumbs over top if you’d like a little crunch.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.