Keeping the recipes traditional this Thanksgiving? You’ll want this classic recipe for traditional stuffing!
Adapted from Epicurious
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 15-ounce bag cubed seasoned stuffing or 1 pound firm white sandwich bread, cut into cubes (10 cups) and dried overnight or in the oven
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups turkey stock or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, if desired
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables and butter into a large bowl. Add bread and parsley. Stir in enough of the stock to moisten the stuffing, about 2½ cups. Season with the poultry seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Use to stuff turkey, and cook turkey as usual or place in a buttered baking dish, cover, and a bake as a side dish for the last hour, along side your turkey.