An “intoxicating” way to enjoy our local apples! Try Wolff’s employee Kathy Fantau’s Apple Bourbon Cake recipe… she brought some in for us to try last week, and we LOVED it!
Apple Bourbon Cake
Author: Kathy Fantau
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup bourbon
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated if possible)
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine apples and bourbon in a bowl. Cover and let sit, tilting the bowl from time to time to ensure that all apples are soaking in the bourbon.
- Preheat oven to 350°, and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, and eggs together until well mixed. In a smaller bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves, and stir well with a whisk or fork to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, and mix. Finally, add the nuts and the apple & bourbon mixture, and stir until well mixed.
- Pour this batter into your baking pan. Bake for 45 min to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or a frosting of your choice. Refrigerate any unused portions.