With the holiday season well underway, it’s good to have some easy breakfast recipes handy that feed a crowd. On Black Friday, my sister-in-law made a delicious baked oatmeal recipe that instantly became my favorite breakfast! It reminds me of a favorite “Vermont-style granola” recipe I’ve made many times. In fact, I used to make this so often that I always had a batch on hand. You can find the recipe here.
This baked oatmeal recipe can be made the night before to save time, but it can also be thrown together and baked in the morning. It calls for such healthy and filling ingredients like oatmeal (obviously!), eggs, milk and pecans. The fruit adds a lot of natural sweetness so that very little sugar is needed.
I look forward to making this over the holiday break with my family at least once. I’ll also definitely make it ahead of time for any easy weekday morning breakfast on mornings my son has preschool, too.Print
Apple Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups (1 large) apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Lightly coat a baking dish (8×8 or larger) with butter or oil.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Either bake immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm with milk or yogurt if desired.
For more similar recipes, check out:
Apple Baked Oatmeal
Easy No-Cook Oatmeal
Fruit & Yogurt Parfait