This dip uses fresh spinach, tofu, and Greek yogurt– in place of mayonnaise, sour cream, and/or cream cheese– for a healthy, high-protein twist on a classic! (Don’t worry, it’s still amazingly creamy and delicious)Print
- 1 lb fresh spinach, stems removed and thoroughly washed*
- 6 oz plain, lowfat Greek yogurt
- 1 block silken tofu
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg (freshly grated is best but ground will do)
- Steam the spinach for 10 minutes, and then set aside to cool.
- Using a blender, combine the tofu and yogurt until completely creamy.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and transfer to a cutting board. Chop into small pieces.
- Combine the tofu and yogurt mixture, the spinach, and all remaining ingredients into a bowl. Mix well until all the spinach is broken up.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving.
- This is great with crusty bread or crackers!
- *You can substitute 1 package of frozen spinach if fresh is unavailable. Just thaw out and skip the steaming step.