How about a super-healthy, super-yummy breakfast idea for busy mornings? Better yet: one you can prepare in advance!Print
- ¼ cup rolled oats (NOT instant)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chia seeds
- ⅓ cup milk (I like skim for this, but any kind is fine)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (Greek is needed because it is thicker, though you can strain regular yogurt)
- Suggestions for toppings and additions:
- 3 tbsp. diced fresh peach, 6 raspberries, 1 tsp honey
- tbsp. diced fresh strawberries, a few raspberries, a few blueberries, 1 tsp of blueberry, raspberry, or strawberry jam
- 3 tbsp. banana diced, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp peanut butter, ½ tsp honey
- ¼ cup fresh home-made or store-bought applesauce, pinch of cinnamon, ½ tsp honey
- Combine “base” ingredients in the jar, put on the lid and shake vigorously until it is mixed well.
- Then add your sweeteners, fruit and other flavors, stir to combine, put on lid and refrigerate over-night. If you choose to use vanilla or flavored yogurt as opposed to plain you might want to use less sweetener or omit it completely, based on your taste.