A great little Italian side dish. This works great with grilled eggplant, too! Serves 4 as a side dish.
Eggplant with Capers and Parsley
- 4 medium Italian eggplant or 6-8 Japanese style (about 2 lbs.)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and minced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your broiler. Trim the green tops from the eggplants. Slice them lengthwise ¾ inch thick. If using Japanese eggplant, just slice them in half lengthwise.
- Lay the slices on a baking sheet. Brush both sides lightly with about 2 Tbs. of the olive oil and season with salt to taste.
- Mix together the parsley, capers, garlic, vinegar, and the remaining olive oil. Set aside.
- Broil the eggplant, turning once, until lightly browned (about 10 minutes.)
- Put the eggplant slices on a large platter, and drizzle the green sauce over them. Serve hot or at room temperature.