Fresh asparagus and soft red potatoes are roasted to perfection with fresh herbs and garlic.
Garlic Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus
- 1 ½ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 3 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. sea/kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Chop rosemary and thyme finely; mince garlic; cut potatoes into chunks (about ¾ in); trim asparagus & cut into 1 inch pieces
- On a large baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp. olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1 tsp. salt.
- Cover with aluminum foil & bake 20 minutes
- Toss the asparagus in the remaining olive oil & salt. Mix in with the potatoes. Re-cover and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees, remove foil, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to taste.