This peach-filled bread pudding is a perfect “comfort food” for the summer months! Top with vanilla ice cream, and add blackberries for a pop of tartness!
- 8 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped into 1” cubes
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 4 Tbs butter
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup brown suga
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Cut the bread slices into 1” cubes and put them into a buttered 2 qt. casserole dish. Heat the milk until just boiling in a saucepan, then remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted. Pour this over the bread cubes and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold in the peaches. Pour this over the bread mixture and combine. Top evenly with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Let stand about 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm with the additions of your choice, and enjoy!