Get ready to make some new friends—this recipe makes three delicious loaves! A yummy fall or winter treat!
Pumpkin Bread with Nuts & Chocolate
Author: Wolff's Apple House
- 3 ½ cups unbleached white flour
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. ground nutmeg (freshly ground if possible)
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease three 9x5 loaf pans with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt.)
- In a very large bowl, mix together the sugars, pumpkin, oil, water, vanilla, and eggs. Make sure to get all the lumps out and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the nuts (reserving ½ cup.)
- Pour the batter into the three loaf pans, dividing as evenly as possible. Smooth out the tops with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup nuts on top.
- Bake for 60 or more minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool the pans on a rack for 20 minutes. Carefully tip the loaves out of the pans by first sliding a knife all around the sides and then easing the loaves onto the cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.