Make these on the grill! They are perfect as a picnic side dish. Make them in foil packs or on skewers!
Roasted Summer Veggies
Recipe type: Side Dish
Variation: use the same ingredients. Skewer and grill the veggies after tossing everything together. This is great as a picnic BBQ side ! (Just cut veggies into larger chunks.)
- 1 vidalia onion, quartered
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- ½ pound mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- fresh rosemary (1/2 tsp. fresh or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper (about ¼ tsp)
- sea salt (about ½ tsp)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently. Double up 2 large sheets of aluminum foil and pour veggies onto foil.Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serves 8.