A Wolff family recipe for a delicious apple bake calling for apple wedges baked with lemon and apple juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
Author: Wolff's Apple House
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 3 -4 large tart apples , cored and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3; cup apple juice (can use less)
- 2⁄3; cup packed brown sugar (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Place apples in an ungreased baking dish.
- Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir, over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Pour over apples.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 mins, or until apples are tender.
- Best served warm with ice cream or whipped topping.