Two great tastes of fall in a refreshing, healthy salad! Plus, enjoy more of kale’s nutritional benefits by not cooking it!Print
Apple and Kale Salad
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed citrus (lemon, lime, orange, or a combination)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 small bunch kale, washed, stems removed, and finely chopped
- 1 large sweet eating apple
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnut halves, toasted
- ¼ cup cubed crumbled goat cheese
- Put the chopped kale in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the first four ingredients until emulsified. Pour the dressing over the kale and toss until every leaf is coated. Set aside.
- To toast walnuts: preheat oven to 350°. Spread walnuts out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking/stirring them occasionally. They are done when lightly browned and fragrant—be careful not to let them burn!
- Chop the apple into small (about 1/2”) cubes.
- Add the apple and cranberries to the salad and toss. Top with the cheese and walnuts, and serve!