Showcase fresh blueberries in this quick and simple blueberry pie!
Author: Wolff's Apple House
- Easy Blueberry Pie
- This pie is very simple and no-fuss, and is a great way to enjoy local blueberries. If you prefer to make your own pie crust, all the better! But then the name changes to “Not-quite-as-easy-blueberry pie.”
- 1 deep-dish pie crust, pre-baked and cooled
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- In a saucepan, mix 1 pint blueberries, the sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring the mixture just to a boil and then simmer, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Mash the berries a little as you stir.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Let cool completely, stirring occasionally. When cool, stir in the remaining pint of blueberries. Pour the blueberry mixture in the prepared crust. Chill at least two hours before serving.