Jamie Wolff, our Produce Manager, introduced us to this recipe. Football season just happens to coincide with local Cauliflower season, so that makes this a perfect Game Day snack! It’s a fun way to take advantage of the colored cauliflower at Wolff’s!Print
To make this recipe gluten-free, Teff Flour is a great substitute!
- 1 medium to large cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ½ cup flour*
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbs melted butter
- 2/3 cup store-bought hot sauce (use your preferred level of spicy!)
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the water a little at a time until it reaches a batter-like consistency. Add the cauliflower and toss until each piece is evenly coated with the mixture. Transfer to the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes, flipping once. Remove from oven.
- In another large bowl, mix the melted butter, hot sauce, and mayonnaise. Whisk until well combined. Add the baked cauliflower and toss again until evenly coated. Put back onto the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping once. They are done when they get fairly crispy. Remove and let stand a few minutes, and then serve them the same way you would buffalo wings!