Want fresh salsa, but don’t want to settle for the (ahem) lesser options at the supermarket? You’re not the only one missing the great varieties of fresh salsa from Wolff’s while we’re closed! So we came up with a great recipe to put together in a pinch. 5 ingredients, 15 minutes, and you’ll have a great fresh salsa for the Big Game on Sunday!Print
DIY Fresh Salsa
A quick semi-pureed fresh salsa that hits the spot!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 28 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1 Tbs. onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, for medium spice. Remove seeds for mild; use 1 jalapeno for spicy
- juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- splash of vinegar
- salt to taste
- Empty the tomatoes into a strainer in the sink, and crush and stir them with a wooden spoon until most of the juice is drained.
- Put all ingredients (minus vinegar and salt) into a food processor, and pulse until nearly pureed, scraping sides as needed.
- Use the salt and vinegar to make the flavors pop.