- Yield: 4
- – 3 squash (zucchini, yellow squash, etc)
- – Garlic powder
- – Sea/kosher salt
- – Fresh ground pepper
- – 4-5 sprigs fresh basil (chopped)
- – 1 cup grated cheddar
- – ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Slice squash (lengthwise) into flat pieces (about 1 centimeter thick.) You should end up with about 3-4 pieces per squash.
- Add sliced squash to boiling water for about 3 minutes (test 1 piece: you are looking for a tender but not mushy texture.)
- Lay out squash slices onto baking sheet and sprinkle (in this order) with garlic powder, salt & pepper, cheddar, parmesan, and then basil.
- Broil on high for 3-5 minutes (until the cheese is golden brown & bubbly.)