Bursting with the fresh flavors of spring! This dish comes from the recipe book of our chef Chuck Smith. It’s got new potatoes, asparagus, snap peas, and mint for a deliciously light meal!
Pasta with Spring Veggies
Author: Chuck Smith
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 ½ pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 bunch (about ¾ lb) asparagus, cut into ½” slices
- 1 pint snap peas, cut into ½” slices
- 3 Tbs mint, finely sliced
- 12 oz pasta
- 1 Tbs butter
- ½ Tbs salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Boil potatoes until cooked but not mushy. In a separate pot, steam the peas and asparagus together until just tender and bright green. Set these aside.
- Cook the pasta. Drain and toss with the veggies, oil, butter, raw garlic, mint, and salt. Taste and add more salt if desired (add enough so that the flavors “pop.”)
- Top with your favorite grated cheese if you’d like, and serve!