A delicious recipe for Philly Cheesesteaks with Lone Star Farm Chipsteak, courtesy of Lone Star Farm.Print
Philly Cheesesteaks with Chipsteak
Philly Cheesesteaks with Chipsteak Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 27 mins Serves: 4 servings
- 1 Package Lone Star Farm Beef chip steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 medium cooking onion
- 1 portobello mushroom* (optional, if you like mushrooms!)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Crusty sandwich rolls
- Provolone cheese
- Marinara sauce (if desired)
- Hot peppers (if desired)
- Slice onions, mushrooms and peppers and mince garlic.
- Add olive oil, garlic and onions to a large pan over medium heat. Saute 1 minute, add mushrooms and peppers. Cook 1-2 minutes more until vegetables begin to soften. Remove from pan.
- Slice the chip steak into thin strips; season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In the same pan, add the chip steak and cook on high just until browned. Add vegetables back to pan 1-2 minutes more.
- Slice the sandwich rolls, place a slice of provolone cheese on the roll and toast in a 300 degree oven until the cheese is melted.
- Load up your sandwich roll with the meat mixture and add any toppings you desire.
- Serve with a green salad, like the one pictured with field greens, cucumber, red onion, goat cheese and an olive oil vinaigrette.