I sat across from my cousin’s nine-year-old son this Thanksgiving. A big platter of cranberry sauce gleamed on the table between us. Greedily, we both stared at it.
“Well, my friend,” I said. “Looks like there’s half for you and half for me.”
“Not if I get it first,” he said.
Cranberry sauce is one of the delights of the holiday table. With New Jersey’s cranberry bogs so close, this dish can be a celebration of the local harvest this Christmas.
The Wolff family has a tried and true recipe for cranberry sauce that blends the piquant flavors of cranberries with the warm crunch of walnuts and the sweet citrus taste of oranges.Print
Mrs. Wolff’s Cranberry Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 12 ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Navel Orange with peel,, diced
- 3/4 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Boil gently for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Add Mrs. Wolff’s cranberry sauce to your holiday menu, and while you’re at it, check out our other recipes that are perfect for the holidays:
- Three varieties of stuffing–
- Turkey Gravy
- Simple Holiday Yams
Whatever you feast upon this Christmas, here’s to a delicious holiday meal!