Use LeBus Challah bread for the ULTIMATE bread pudding! Bits of rhubarb throughout offer delicious little gems of tartness. This recipe is great served with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.Print
Rhubarb Bread Pudding
- Category: Dessert
- 8 slices white bread, lightly toasted
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped (about 5 stalks)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Cut the bread slices into 1” cubes and put them into a buttered 2 qt. casserole dish. Heat the milk until just boiling in a saucepan, then remove from heat and stir in the butter until melted. Pour this over the bread cubes and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and rhubarb. Pour this over the bread mixture and combine. Top evenly with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set. Let stand about 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm with the additions of your choice, and enjoy!