Simple Steamed Artichokes
- Cut stem off of artichoke (you can add this to the pot to steam as well).
- Place artichokes in a pot with about 1 inch of water & cover tightly.
- Cook on med-high for about 45 minutes (give or take 10 minutes depending on the size and variety of artichoke.)
- Test by pulling off a leaf from the middle section (not an outer leaf, but one from about 1-2 layers
- deep.) It should pull out gently and with ease. Bite the meat off of the end of the leaf. It should be tender. If not, continue to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in pan or microwave.
- When cooking is done, simply dip end of leaves in butter and scrape off the meat with your teeth.
- It is truly a TASTY TREAT! ENJOY!