Let Wolff’s do half the work for you! This yummy and moist baked chicken dish has all the great flavor of our Fire-roasted Tomato Bisque.
Tomato Bisque Chicken Casserole
- 1 ½ pound thin chicken breast
- 32 ounce container Wolff’s Tomato Bisque
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- white flour for dredging chicken
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, in ¼” slices
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure the chicken breasts are no more than ¾” thick. Cut them in half if necessary. Using a large cast-iron saucepan or one with a metal handle, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Dredge each chicken breast in flour, and brown them on both sides.
- Once browned, take the pan off the heat and pour the soup over top. (If you do not have a pan that can go in the oven, transfer the browned chicken to a casserole dish first.) Arrange the mozzarella and whole basil leaves on top. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 170 degrees.
- Serve with buttered rice, and enjoy!