Makes a wonderful Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish!
Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Shallots
Adapted from Epicurious.com.
- 1¾ pounds brussels sprouts (outer leaves removed), sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Melt butter and olive oil in large pot/pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté until almost translucent, then add garlic and stir 1 minute, then add brussels sprouts and increase heat to medium-high. Sauté until tender. Stir in almonds and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer to bowl and serve!