This amazing spicy pumpkin bread uses oats, unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup and neck pumpkin puree to create a healthy and flavorful seasonal delicacy.
Flourless Pumpkin Apple Oat Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger or cadamom
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup cooked neck pumpkin puree
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla. Set aside.
- Blend the oats finely in a food processor. Add in baking powder and soda, salt and spices and combine.
- Add oat mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until well combined. Add in pumpkin puree.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 x 4 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (it will still have some applesauce on it, but it should be mostly clean). Allow to cool 5-10 minutes in the pan and the remove from pan to cool completely.