Fall brings us a bunch of different choices! Butternut, Acorn, Delicata, Red Kuri, and Carnival are ALL delicious, and this recipe puts them to good use.
Roasted Squash and Apples
- 2 lbs. winter squash (acorn, butternut, delicatta, etc)
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 385°
- Peel squash, cut open, scoop out seeds, and cube (about ⅓ inch)
- Peel apples, cube (about ½ inch) – just be sure apple chucks are larger than squash
- Toss all ingredients to coat squash and apples evenly with butter, salt and cinnamon
- Pour into a baking dish
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (stirring at 10 and 15 minutes)
- Remove from oven once squash and apples turn slightly brown and are soft but not mushy.