Want to use Wolff’s local broccoli in a vegetarian dish? Try this great curry over rice!
Veggies and Tofu in Coconut Curry
Author: Wolff's Apple House
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts sliced
- 1 block silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 4 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- cooked rice (white or brown)
- In a medium pan, heat 2 Tbs. of the oil over medium heat and saut the garlic and curry powder for a minute. Add the coconut milk and bring almost to a boil. Then add the tofu and 1 tsp. salt, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- In a large pan with medium-high heat, use the remaining 2 Tbs. of vegetable oil to saut the broccoli and pepper. Cover and stir occasionally, until the broccoli is bright green and almost tender (about 10 minutes.)
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the veggies and let simmer for a few minutes more. Taste, and add more salt if necessary. Serve over white or brown rice and garnish with scallions.