Wolff’s chef Chuck Smith LOVES making breakfast and brunch. Here’s his go-to French Toast recipe, using Media Bakers Guild brioche (cinnamon OR cinnamon raisin are both great here!) Great for Sunday breakfast, but Chuck says he completely understands if you’d rather make this for a weeknight dinner ☺
Serves 3 or 4.
- 1 loaf brioche, cut into ½” slices
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- about 1 Tbs butter
- about ¼ cup powdered sugar
- about ½ cup syrup
- 1 container strawberries
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Slice the strawberries and toss with the sugar.
- Heat a griddle to medium-hot.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Soak each slice of brioche in the egg mixture, and then cook in butter on the griddle like pancakes for 3 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Keep warm on a rack in the oven while the other slices cook.
- Serve buttered, cut diagonally and dusted with powdered sugar, with heated syrup and the sweetened strawberries on the side.