Adapted from one of Andi Wolff’s recipes. This is a rich sauce, and a pleasant alternative to the bottled sauces.
Sliced Beef with Buttery Mushroom Sauce
- 2 lbs. Cooked Beef: Steak, Roast Beef, London Broil, etc.
- 2 C. Thinly Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 8 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 8 Tbs. Butter
- ½ C. Snipped Parsley
- In a large sauté pan, cook onions over medium heat in 4 tablespoons of the butter until starting to brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic, and continue to sauté until mushrooms are softened and most of the liquid has cooked off, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter until it melts. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and combine well.
- Spoon over single servings of sliced beef and garnish with parsley