This bean salad recipe was originally done with mango instead of peaches, but in the spirit of the season we tweaked it, and the result is delicious!
Peach Avocado Black Bean Salad
Adapted from Whole Foods Market
- 2 avocados (ripe but not soft), halved, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 ripe peaches or mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (use for garnish if desired)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a medium bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice juice. Add peaches or mangoes and jalapeño. Combine and set aside. Whisk 2 tablespoons lemon juice, zest, cilantro, salt, pepper and honey in a large bowl. Whisk in oil. This should form a thick dressing. Add avocado-peach/mango mixture and black beans. Gently combine. Spoon salad onto plates and serve immediately.